WE COORDINATE THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTORS TO OPTIMIZE YOUR RETIREMENT PLAN
Key Areas of Advice
Withdrawal strategy across accounts
Social Security & pension election guidance
Proactive planning to limit taxes
Coordinated investment management
Who we work best with
- Individuals and married couples over age 50 that are retired or near retirement
- Prudent savers with over $500,000 (excluding real estate) in retirement savings
- Those that value working with a professional on an ongoing basis
- Introductory phone call - 15 minutes (no cost or obligation)
- Initial meeting - confirm there's a fit (no cost or obligation)
- Discovery and data collection
- Advice/plan delivery
- We charge a minimum monthly fee of $300 for advice (clients can elect to pay a full year up front)
- We waive the monthly advice fee if Trott Brook Financial is managing over $500,000. We presently charge an asset management fee ranging between 1.4% - 0.60% depending on total assets under management.
SCHEDULE A NO COST, NO OBLIGATION INTRODUCTORY CALL TODAY!
Frequently asked questions
The overwhelming majority of the firm’s revenue comes from managing money as fiduciaries on a fee basis. Our fees range from 1.4% to 0.60% depending on the size of a client’s portfolio. We also offer stand-alone advice for a minimum of $300 per month on a subscription basis. This is mostly to accommodate individuals that are interested in retirement planning but cannot access their savings until they ultimately retire from their employer.
The focus of our firm is working with individuals that need retirement planning advice and a coordinated investment strategy. The typical profile of our clients are individuals over age-50 that have accumulated $1-5 million of investments during their career. The individuals that get the most out of our services are those that are engaged in financial planning. “Financial planning” means going beyond the narrow issue of investing and coordinating with the other key financial areas such as Social Security timing, income taxes and estate planning. We constantly see situations where individuals miss opportunities or make mistakes because they aren’t considering all the other important areas of personal finance beyond investments.
Our focus is retirement planning and investment management for individuals over-age 50. We typically recommend younger professionals find an advisor that is focused on working with their respective age group. Additionally, we are not in the stock brokerage business. If you’re interested in stock tips or active trading strategies, our firm would not be a great fit. Finally, we’re not a great fit for do-it-yourself investors. Our advice model and pricing are structured consistent with a full-service financial advisory firm. Some of our clients do self-manage a portion of their investment portfolio and we are happy to accommodate that. But for virtually all our core clients, Trott Brook Financial is managing the majority of the investment portfolio typically in coordination with a retirement plan and tax strategies.